All good things must come to an end.
We are moving away from quest to a new version of ForumIAS ( Beta ) at http://beta.forumias.com
You can no longer create new posts or comments. You will be able to access private messages. Topics and comments have already moved to beta.forumias.com , you can find respective link at the bottom of every topic. Requests you , do not create same topics again in beta.
INTERVIEW FOR CSE 2019
All ForumIAS members selected for CSE 2019 Personality Test must submit their details and DAF and register below to receive further instructions and guidance from ForumIAS. Click here to register now
ForumIAS Official Telegram Channel Click to Join

preparing for 2021. Need your Help

Topic created ยท 7 Posts ยท 490 Views
  • I am in Vajirams Gs batch.
    will be giving my first attempt in 2021.
    I want to know... how should we go about finishing any book or syllabus
    Like ,
    I read spectrum first time in lets say in 10 days ...
    then should i go on to next book say laxmikant , geography etc. And once finish reading all the books one time. And after that plan to revise ?
    OR
    I read spectrum first time...then i moved on to next book say laxmikant.
    and regularly gave some time daily or weekend to revise spectrum ( or any book read till then ) . And complete my syllabus in this manner ?

matlab phele sari kitabe ek bar padh lu or fhir unki 2nd 3rd reading karu and revise karu Ya pheli reading ke baad hi us kitaab ko regularly revise karu ?

2.) Now we have
    class notes
    Ncerts
    standard books basic books
    yellow books ....etc etc.
    ( as a student of vaji. )
    now what to follow and what to leave and how to go about
    Should i read both class notes and basic books
    If yes then how ? after once finishing reading of basic books or should start basic books after coaching and follow class notes till the coaching ends in May 2020 .

Please help with your valuable inputs regarding how to read
    how and when to revise .

• @Raksh2100 said in preparing for 2021. Need your Help:

ms Gs batch.
    will be giving my first attempt in 2021.
    I want to know... how should we go about finishing any book or syllabus
    Like ,
    I read spectrum first time in lets say in 10 days ...
    then should i go on to next book say laxmikant , geograph

Bhai If you absolute beginner , Start with NCERTs then go for standard books. Since u are at vajiram simultaneously study notes with the topic which they teach from standard books/NCERT.

• @wakanda Should I focus on first finishing my syllabus
    without emphasizing much on mugging things.
    OR I should do both simultaneously like revising tomorrow
    what i read today for the first time

• @Raksh2100 basic understanding of concepts. Then focus fully on prelims. Try to make notes oriented towards mains. Once u clear prelims start revising notes, revise, supplement with CA. Also practise answer writing.
    I was also at this phase.waiting for perfect strategy. But there isnt one. Just have faith and start preparing

• @Raksh2100 The best you can do is ... take a white sheet and start writing the syllabus (Subject wise) without taking help of any syllabus index ( just on the basic of your memory/ classes you have attended at vaji) at the end check how much you can note down ( not in much depth).

This is going to give you an idea of how much do you know the syllabus. There are many good things being a vaji student but the biggest drawback of being a vajiram student is- it is hard to sum up the syllabus because of the fragmented class schedule.

As per your written notes- whatever topics you have mentioned there, are the topics you are well aware of, but topics you have not mentioned is still far from your reach.

Do the same for every subject. and at the end try to fight with these topics one by one. Reading any random book or any standard book is not the solution for revision. rather go for a analysis based revision.

Rest up to your wish ... if you like the idea .. go ahead!! and further you can ask in next question!!

All the best!

• @wakanda Thanks brother