Writing Mains 2019?
This weekend we will be writing Mains 2019. Here are a list of things to keep in mind. Click here to read.
Download Factly Android App |   Click Here โ†’

Sociology Optional : Inputs required from takers

Topic created ยท 7 Posts ยท 721 Views
  • Dear Socio takers,

Kindly guide aspirants about the subject and the Do's/Don't's associated with the subject.

Thank you in advance! ๐Ÿ™‚

• I really wanna help out but please give me something to work on. Writing an abstract and long post would be time-consuming if I wanna be thorough.

• @SECRETME Hi, the following blogpost by @greymatterrules (Discuss member & topper) describes in detail the dilemma associated with sociology. Do go through it.
    Sociology for UPSC

• Dear @Acidpop @Ziel thank you for your responses. I think I will keep my specific doubts reserved till the prelims and since i now have your coordinates, I shall write back to you post prelims...if you're good with it!?

Thank you for your responses once again ๐Ÿ™‚

• Sure, I'll PM you my tg id. And don't thank me when I did nothing. My signature tells you how I feel. All the best.

• @SECRETME said in Sociology Optional : Inputs required from takers:

Dear @Acidpop @Ziel thank you for your responses. I think I will keep my specific doubts reserved till the prelims and since i now have your coordinates, I shall write back to you post prelims...if you're good with it!?

Thank you for your responses once again ๐Ÿ™‚

You're welcome. I'll leave you with something to reflect on. Sociology was born because there were rapid, drastic, unexplained changes in the social order. These were caused by the Industrial Revolution. Suddenly, the older social structures such as social class, traditional family crumbled. This led the thinkers to come up with a new discipline which would help them decipher these changes.
    Always remember, whenever there is a change in society, for eg decriminalization of sec 377, sociology comes into play. The task of sociology is to understand and explain an ever-changing social world.
    P. S. Tag me, after prelims. ATB ๐Ÿ™‚

• @Ziel Nice sales pitch. On a lighter note, you know how difficult it is for us to explain social change in sociology when your two options are Mcarthian conservatism or a People's war. ๐Ÿ˜‚