Welcome to ForumIAS Quest
ForumIAS is migrating to a new platform with mobile number verified account and more secure features.
Read Posting Rules → | Website Related Help & Support Thread → | Change Username → Facing trouble creating an account? Email us at ravi@forumias.com

What are the essential stuff you should carry in prelims

Topic created · 16 Posts · 519 Views
  • Usually I attempt test papers with either table watch or laptop screensaver and don't wear a wrist watch.

so kindly suggest me a good cheap wrist watch for the prelims.

Also in one of the talks of Suraj Patel, he mentioned about a particular pen to fill the OMR bubbles which saves the time spend bubbling.
    (I write with either gel pen or writo-meter both of them are not suited for omr fillup)

and last question, what are the other stuff we can carry in the prelims exam hall (like water bottle, apple)

all these questions may seem non-sense but please give inputs

• @kierkegaard said in stuff you should carry in prelims:

Usually I attempt test papers with either table watch or laptop screensaver and don't wear a wrist watch.

Also in one of the talks of Suraj Patel, he mentioned about a particular pen to fill the OMR bubbles which saves the time spend bubbling.
    (I write with either gel pen or writo-meter both of them are not suited for omr fillup)

and last question, what are the other stuff we can carry in the prelims exam hall (like water bottle, apple)

1. 2 pen. doesn't matter much. But big tip one better.
    2. Admit card and id card
    3. 2 choclate to eat before exam
    4. COMMON SENSE.
    5. Analog watch if they allow.

That's it IMO. 🙂

• @kierkegaard said in What are the essential stuff you should carry in prelims:

Usually I attempt test papers with either table watch or laptop screensaver and don't wear a wrist watch.

There is one Reynolds pen which is very thick that is great for bubbling. Please don’t use gel pen.

Personal experience.
    Also use something which is well lubricated , but do not overdo it as sometimes too soft flow pens end up spreading the ink over and outside the bubble.

The name is Reynolds Liquiflow.

P.S. Not promoting any brand. Just trying to help.

• @root said in What are the essential stuff you should carry in prelims:

@kierkegaard said in What are the essential stuff you should carry in prelims:

There is one Reynolds pen which is very thick that is great for bubbling. Please don’t use gel pen.

Personal experience.
    Also use something which is well lubricated , but do not overdo it as sometimes too soft flow pens end up spreading the ink over and outside the bubble.

The name is Reynolds Liquiflow.

P.S. Not promoting any brand. Just trying to help.

Doctrine of Colourable Legislation!

• @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh do they allow chocolate inside the exam hall?....and why would they prohibit analog watch?

• Last year experience,

1. The policewoman said "Passport size photo and ID ki photocopy lao", my home was just 2 kms away but many other were villagers, they run to take print out from whatsapp
    2. Invigilator told to keep "shoes" outside the room, sandals and chappals were allowed
    3. In the second round, they again checked ID and photo
    4. They even took away normal watch from everyone, "Time dekhna hai.. samne ghadi hai, dekh lena"
    5. If I filled buuble with pencil, invigilator madam disturbed me 2-3 times during CSAT, I told her politely after her 3rd time "Madam, maine circle kia hai pencil se taki galti na ho, fill mai pen se hi karungi, kripya mujhe paper karne dijiye..shanti se.. can I""?
      Madam fir bhi sir pe hi khadi rahi!
  • @Urvashi Heard about 'watch not allowed incidence' from AIR 1's talk also. Are they (security personnel/invigilator) skeptical about the digital watch? Is analog watch allowed?

• @iridescent they don't allow any watch.. may be they think technology is so advance simple looking watch could be cheater's new invention 😄

• @iridescent I was allowed to take a digital watch. I told them it's not programmable and they let me in. It really depends on the centre and the police personnel frisking. Take a cheap watch with you. If they don't allow, leave it outside or with someone accompanying you.

• I was also not happy with how school rooms become hot chamber at that time.. June is the hottest month.. Last year, the room which I was in was so suffocated and the fan was like expanding more heat... I kept one wet handkerchief with me...
    Always have breakfast before 1st paper and lunch after 1st paper! As that environment exhaust you so much!
    But this exam is "Agni-Pariksha"! 🙂

• @Urvashi if someone has worn a gold ring...then is it allowed inside the center ?

• @Pinaki I don't know about this! I haven't seen anything like this

• @Urvashi ok dear. thanks 🙂

• @kierkegaard

Padke jao bas baaki sab dekha jayega

• @Urvashi water bottle allowed??

• @Itachi yes..but it shd be transparent/translucent....senti hojate h examiner..