Question Bank for Prelims 2019 | Target 5000 Questions
We can post interesting questions here and can also seek help on doubtful questions.
Which of the following is/are correct statements regarding Mudra (Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency) ?
- It provides direct lending to Non-farm micro enterprises.
- Saral, Safal, Sugam loans are among various categories of products under its umbrella.
- It is 100% owned by NABARD.
a) Only 1
b) Only 2
c) Both 2 and 3
@Weltschmerz Please provide question number to each question that you post. This will help us keep track of Questions we have covered for Prelims.
I am beginning with Question No #2
#2 Consider the following statements
- In India Home buyers are consumers and therefore can appeal before consumer forums for delay in housing projects
- Home Buyers are treated a financial creditors and can approach National Company Law Tribunal
- Home Buyers can approach National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission directly only if the cost of project is more than 1 crore
Select the correct answer using the choices given above
a) 1 only
b) 1 and 2 only
c) 2 and only
d) 1, 2 and 3 only
@Weltschmerz one only. SHISHU KISHOR TARUN ARE THE VARIOUS CATEGORIES OF LOANS
@Nikita 2 only because one is definitely wrong. Home buyers are now treated as creditors
As far as I have read, They are treated as consumers normally and can approach consumer forums.
NCLT said they will be treated as creditors now, so they can approach the NCLT . One is not wrong. It is correct. Can you cite your source?
@Nikita under insolvency ordinance last year home buyers were classified as creditors. Thanks for correcting. Need to update notes
@devranbir143952 Answer is d) None
1st statement is incorrect as mudra do not provide direct lending, it provides indirect lending and is a refinance agency.
2nd statement is incorrect as those products are of IPPB.
3rd statement is incorrect as it is 100% owned by SIDBI.
@Krishnrjun Sorry Sorry yes, this status of Creditors was granted by ordinance. But you see they are approaching both consumer forums as well as have the protection from bankruptcy of the builder.
@Krishnrjun no direct loan. It's a refinancing agency. 1 is wrong
For question 1, none is the answer.
Mudra is a fully owned subsidiary of SIDBI, not NABARD.
The categories of loans are Shishu, Tarun, Kishore
It doesn't directly give loans. Customers go to baking institutions. Mudra refinances the banks who gives loans to these specific category customers.
- It basically refinances the existing lending institutions.
- No such names.
- Part of SIDBI, I guess.
@Phoenix Yes, D is the answer.
Hello guys we can post daily questions subject wise 1 week for particular subject like this we can also revise it
@Jalal actually that would constrain the range of questions. We may be following a different schedule, so may not be possible to be on same page.
However, you may post the subject that you wish to focus upon. Will try to frame questions on that too.
#3 Arrange the following in order of their arrival :
- Xuan Zang.
- Hieun Tsang.
- Al Beruni.
This post is deleted!
Option 1 &3 are same person
@gordon05 yes you are right.
Which of the following statements are incorrect?
- The office of the Special Officer for Linguistic Minorities was created in 1951.
- Term of office of commissioner is for 5 years.
- Article 350B mentions about the qualifications, removal, tenure, salary, service conditions.
- The headquarters are in Delhi.
A. 1, 2, 3
B. 4 only
C. 1 only
D. None of the above
I guess all are wrong.
Someone having m.puri's elections notes of current batch ?
@Phoenix The answer is A - statement 4 is right. HQ are in Delhi now. Used to be in Allahabad.
Consider the following statements wrt J and K-
- Constitutional amendment bill must be passed by special majority by both houses of state legislature.
- Governors Rule for the first time happened before Presidents Rule was announced in J and K
- The provisions for preventive detention by the Parliament are applicable.
- The right to property is still guaranteed.
Which is correct?
A. 4 only
B. 2, 3, 4
C. 1, 2, 3
D. 2, 4
For question 5, D is the answer.
Preventive detention laws made by Parliament don't apply. The power to make such laws are vested in the state legislature. So statement 3 is wrong.
Governors rule happened for the first time in 1977 while president rule in 1986. So statement 2 is right.
Constitutional amendment must be passed by both houses by a majority of 2/3rds of total membership of both house. So statement 1 is wrong.
Right to property still applies to the state. So statement 4 is right.
I have one doubt :: Do Tungbhadra river passes through Shola forests area or not??
The instrument Kamaicha is associated with which community of people?
Answer to question 6 - It's Merasis/Manganiyars
Consider following statements about Mahalwari System of land revenue -
- It was started during Bentick's tenure
- It was mostly concentrated around Central India.
- Each Mahal had 1 or 2 villages
- Village tax committee collected taxes from peasants
Which statements are correct?
A. 1, 3, 4only
B. 1, 2, 3 only
C. 3, 4 only
- DTH signals in India are transmitted in Ka Band.
- Ka Band lies in Microwave Spectrum.
A. 1 Only.
B. 2 Only.
@Phoenix 2 only?
Can you share some source regarding this? Not very clear about this Ku and Ka band thing.
@Abigail yes it's 7 (A)
@Weltschmerz None. It refinances financial institutions.
2. Shishu, Tarun and Kishore
3. It's part of SIDBI
@Nikita 2 is definitely correct and 1 crore is too high of a limit. Plus, in case of UPSC such numbers are usually wrong. I'll go with b) 1 and 2. What is the answer?
Ku is around 12-16 Ghz. Ka is in 26.5-40. Not sure about the frequency unit - Mega or giga. Visible range has 600 nm wavelength => Frequency ~ c/Lambda => 10^15. Radio - Micro <Infra < Visible. Microwave can be correct.
But Ka band requires advanced technology and India recently only launched a satellite into Ka band. AFAIK, even 5G uses Ka band. So 1 looks incorrect.
Answer = 2 only
Princess Suriratna is associated with which country?
C. South Korea
Yes, 2 only. Thanks for technical information!