Question Bank for Prelims 2019 | Target 5000 Questions
Option 1 &3 are same person
@gordon05 yes you are right.
Which of the following statements are incorrect?
- The office of the Special Officer for Linguistic Minorities was created in 1951.
- Term of office of commissioner is for 5 years.
- Article 350B mentions about the qualifications, removal, tenure, salary, service conditions.
- The headquarters are in Delhi.
A. 1, 2, 3
B. 4 only
C. 1 only
D. None of the above
I guess all are wrong.
Someone having m.puri's elections notes of current batch ?
@Phoenix The answer is A - statement 4 is right. HQ are in Delhi now. Used to be in Allahabad.
Consider the following statements wrt J and K-
- Constitutional amendment bill must be passed by special majority by both houses of state legislature.
- Governors Rule for the first time happened before Presidents Rule was announced in J and K
- The provisions for preventive detention by the Parliament are applicable.
- The right to property is still guaranteed.
Which is correct?
A. 4 only
B. 2, 3, 4
C. 1, 2, 3
D. 2, 4
For question 5, D is the answer.
Preventive detention laws made by Parliament don't apply. The power to make such laws are vested in the state legislature. So statement 3 is wrong.
Governors rule happened for the first time in 1977 while president rule in 1986. So statement 2 is right.
Constitutional amendment must be passed by both houses by a majority of 2/3rds of total membership of both house. So statement 1 is wrong.
Right to property still applies to the state. So statement 4 is right.
I have one doubt :: Do Tungbhadra river passes through Shola forests area or not??
The instrument Kamaicha is associated with which community of people?
Answer to question 6 - It's Merasis/Manganiyars
Consider following statements about Mahalwari System of land revenue -
- It was started during Bentick's tenure
- It was mostly concentrated around Central India.
- Each Mahal had 1 or 2 villages
- Village tax committee collected taxes from peasants
Which statements are correct?
A. 1, 3, 4only
B. 1, 2, 3 only
C. 3, 4 only