SFG 2020 Dedicated Channel
All candidates writing the SFG 2020 Entrance Test in New Delhi are required to join the SFG 2020 Channel of ForumIAS to receive automatic updates about Test Syllabus , Results and Preparation. Visit this link (http://beta.forumias.com/channel/SFG-2020-by-ForumIAS) to join now.

Online Simulator Test Takers

Topic created Β· 41 Posts Β· 3141 Views
  • solution pdf for simulator 4 is corrupted. plz look into it , couldn't save file and lost all highlights πŸ˜’

• @John_Titor

Sure give us some time will get it rectified.

• @ShantanuA
    The number of mistakes in the answer key in this test is beyond acceptable.
    I am guessing these questions would have been corrected in the offline discussion.
    Can you update a corrigendum of mistakes in the answer key for online students.
    Watching the whole video ( 3 hours plus) is a huge waste of time.
    corrigendum would be of great help.
    And not just for this test but for all the stimulators.

Moreover, it is highly disappointing to see such mistakes from a test series which charges Rs 6000 for mere 8 tests and goofs up in framing questions in the first instance. ( Q63 stimulator test 😎

• @Omen said in Online Simulator Test Takers:

@ShantanuA
    The number of mistakes in the answer key in this test is beyond acceptable.
    I am guessing these questions would have been corrected in the offline discussion.
    Can you update a corrigendum of mistakes in the answer key for online students.
    Watching the whole video ( 3 hours plus) is a huge waste of time.
    corrigendum would be of great help.
    And not just for this test but for all the stimulators.

Moreover, it is highly disappointing to see such mistakes from a test series which charges Rs 6000 for mere 8 tests and goofs up in framing questions in the first instance. ( Q63 stimulator test 😎

also their questions are either too easy or too obscure to be answered. it seems like they completely forgot that moderate level questions form the bulk of the paper
    πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ and these smileys suck , we need troll smiley from old platform

• This post is deleted!
  • @John_Titor This is the major issue I have observed in most non Vision tests
    They seem to not find the β€œmiddle path”!
    Shankar questions are easy but atleast 10 questions they provide wrong answers in the key,though haven’t solved any forum tests except simulator 0!

• @Omen There is huge difference in their Pre-Simulators Tests and Simulator Tests. Those tests had good explanations, Minimal/no mistakes. For the Simulators, the case is just reverse. From Vision Answer Explanations, you get many new facts to learn. Same is not the case with Simulators. Its good if they make good tests(matchable to UPSC standards),but Simulators are seriously lacking in Explanations standards.

• @Omen

There were clerical mistakes in the answer key which were corrected even before the key was released to the students.
    I will check with my team whether the corrections are being reflected for online test takers or not.
    If they are not updated, they will be immediately done and you can view the changed/corrected answers in the review section only in the Academy portal.

• 8577bbca-46f6-4e4d-969f-7a382b3833ce-image.png

simulator explanations ftw πŸ˜‚

• @John_Titor This is nothing bro In one of the answer of simulator 7 they have attached the link to visionias current affairmagzine.

• @vsinghal419930 said in Online Simulator Test Takers:

@John_Titor This is nothing bro In one of the answer of simulator 7 they have attached the link to visionias current affairmagzine.

lol they are busy making officers , got no time for mortals like us
    too many mistakes in sim 5 so far , not gonna attempt any more sims

• I did write the MGP tests with ForumIAS
    That whole process worked for me!
    The on time evaluation process,feed back,mentor call system,solutions were excellent!
    Probably they have too much on their plate right now or the teams that work for diff programs might be totally different hence change in quality

• @ManchesterUnited said in Online Simulator Test Takers:

I did write the MGP tests with ForumIAS
    The on time evaluation process,feed back,mentor call system,solutions were excellent!
    Probably they have too much on their plate right now or the teams that work for diff programs might be totally different hence change in quality

Is it worth writing simulator test?

• @Masterojha said in Online Simulator Test Takers:

@ManchesterUnited said in Online Simulator Test Takers:

yes it's worth it if you want to shock yourself out of your comfort zone

• @Masterojha Vision series Vision Abhyaas plus Vajiram(since I was a student of Vajiram last year I have access to test series this year too) is all I do religiously!
    Rest all I pick questions I don’t know and make notes out of them!
    Simulator 0 was bit off putting for me even though I did score decently-107 odd!

• @Masterojha said in Online Simulator Test Takers:

@ManchesterUnited said in Online Simulator Test Takers:

To be honest, yes they are.
    8 solid upsc likes mocks.
    Stimulated the pattenr of past 8 upsc papers.

• @Omen

I have made changes personally in the answer key. You can have a look under review question.

I will be updating the solution sheet by evening. Allow me the time, I will come up with corrigendum.

• Which simulator are we talking about?
    Or is it regarding all the simulators (Many simulators had mistakes)?

What's 'review question' ? (I didn't come across this option anywhere in my academy interface).

Static, WE can identify the mistakes. But, I'm taking the answers given as valid for Current affairs questions.😟 😟 πŸ“‰ . Not cross checking the CA questions by following the website given (If they had provided in the explanation :|) .

• When can we expect Online+Offline ranking?

• This post is deleted!