Problem while revising.

Topic created · 6 Posts · 454 Views
  • @Neyawn @IWRA @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @HAZE
    Please guide,

My status
    Attempt : 1st
    1)Completed basic book and revised it.
    2) Completed Current affairs from PT365 (and other modules as per requirement)
    3) Solved sectional question papers of vision IAS but not revised it yet

Problems

1. My score is hovering around 80's.
    2. I scored around 75 solving previous year upsc paper(2018) {Made silly mistakes( 10+ questions) because of lack of concentration}
    3. Unable to concentrate for two hours while solving Question paper.
    4. Effective (or productive) study hours is around 8 hours.

Other Major issues

1. Revision is taking too much time (As in I feel like spending 3 days to revise modern history despite reading it multiple times)
    2. Have'nt prepared any self notes.
    3. Problem with remembering factual details despite multiple readings (I am not facing much problem with conceptual questions).
    4. Phobia of exam
  • (1) Keep on Revision what you have already done
    (2) Keep on Attempting the tests (especially FLTs) and don't bother much about scores as upsc paper is different.
    (3) If possible try to make short notes of important topics for ex- Imp congress sessions, various movements and associated leaders etc. or download these short notes from the net and ref them.

• @Agamya said in Problem while revising.:

1. My score is hovering around 80's.

focus on accuracy and avoid the over-attempting. In case of confusion avoid reading question and options together, just read the options carefully and eliminate the options which are out of common sense/broad view

1. I scored around 75 solving previous year upsc paper(2018) {Made silly mistakes( 10+ questions) because of lack of concentration}

underline words and read question word by word.

1. Unable to concentrate for two hours while solving Question paper.

I face the same problem, starts aggressively but speed slows down after 30-40 question,
    now I attempt 20 questions and take deep breath to start again at full speed >> this method helped me to finish first round in 50-70 minutes.

1. Effective (or productive) study hours is around 8 hours.

it is good if it is only revision hours and does not include tests.

1. Revision is taking too much time (As in I feel like spending 3 days to revise modern history despite reading it multiple times)

revise the way questions are framed and not the way book is written, this will help.

1. Have'nt prepared any self notes.

not a problem, but prepare 4-5 page notes for revision on June01 and before exam (facts and test pointers)

1. Problem with remembering factual details despite multiple readings (I am not facing much problem with conceptual questions).

try Flashcard or Acronym method.

1. Phobia of exam

• @kierkegaard
    Thank you

• @Dead-Man
    Thank you

• This post is deleted!