Any last week advises to a person giving his first prelims?

Topic created · 4 Posts · 943 Views
  • This will be my first prelims and I am super nervous leading to the D-day. Is there anything I can do in the last 6 days to push my marks a bit further up.

Lastly, all the best to everyone giving the exam. May we all clear the exam.

• Yeah, what should be covered in last week? (subjectwise)

• Based on my last years experience this is what I will do :

1. Go through attempted question papers and find out reasons/topics you went wrong make sure you keep them in mind while attempting this year
    2. Quickly revise static portion - Geography (maps esp- prem patel and international) , History (Modern-Medieval-Ancient) , Economics (basics about budget , monetary policy , GDP and inflation ) and Polity
    3. GI indicators / State wise dances and paintings
    4. Go through some of these : http://climateinitiativesplatform.org/index.php/Special:RunQuery/QueryData
    5. Last but not the least : not get panicked even if I am not completing any/all of these and depend on my knowledge and intelligent strategies for questions i have not heard of
  • @JaiShreeRam said in Any last week advises to a person giving his first prelims?:

This will be my first prelims and I am super nervous leading to the D-day. Is there anything I can do in the last 6 days to push my marks a bit further up.

Lastly, all the best to everyone giving the exam. May we all clear the exam.

Yes you can do many things in last week which can increase your marks by atleast 8-10 marks for sure :

1. Correct your sleeping pattern. You must be fully awake by 6am-7am. So that by 9am you have fully active mind.

2. Focus on good sleep irrespective of preparation level. 6 7 hours undisturbed sleep is must now if you want to maintain your common sense at normal level.

3. Preserve your common sense now. Dont overburden it by new or unnecessary information gathering.

4. Read important topics of each subject from ur notes to refresh photograpic memory.

5. Avoid masturbation etc for next week, ifff addicted. Conserve energy and time.

6. Revise your practiced mocks especially wrong questions even if u feel like never seeing those things earlier.

7. Dont even think about what is left now like art n culture or indexes or medieval etc - NO BENEFITS OF THIS ANALYSIS NOW. Do it after pre. You will know how faulty your thinking was in last 15 20 days.

8. See upsc PYQs regularly to get into upsc mode and to come out of VISION FORUM Coaching mode.

9. 1 2 CSAT test or lga lena ifff u r not an engineer.

10. LAST BUT MOST IMPORTANT - THIS EXAM IS NOT SOLUTION OF ALL YOUR LIFE PROBLEMS , RATHER ITS BEGINNING OF MANY NEW PROBLEMS. So dont get overattached with outcome. Just keep adequate hope for positive outcome.

If YOU have done hard work throughout year GOD/LUCK/WHATEVER will surely help you. Keep a faith.

Last mein.. Just REMEMBER - WHY you started this journey ? Dont betray that goal/dream by quitting in last moment. You never know What Next. Even next year Rank 1 will be feeling same like you are feeling now. But DARR K AAGE JEET H.

ATB.. #Hum_Honge_Kamyab_Ek_Din