Download Factly Android App |   Click Here โ†’

Jnuee 2019

Topic created ยท 29 Posts ยท 1226 Views
  • @K_9 I didn.t calculate the score. I found it too cumbersome to match each answer with the code in the key. I am okay wiyh waiting for the results. ๐Ÿ˜…

• @mks708089830 @K_9 Did anyone get in ?

I got into PISM ..but now am having doubts whether it would be a wise decision to join..as i had already made up my mind to devote this year to upsc as the one last attempt.

• This post is deleted!
  • @cot_ainok - I got into Ancient history. Did anyone clear for history?

• Is there anyone who has studied/studying from JNU and can shed light on this dilemma.?

I have failed in 2 prelims and i was considering 2020 attempt as my final attempt. Considering this fact in mind will it be advisable to join JNU for the Politics(IR) MA course ?

The internet presents a lot of varied opinions, so it will be of great help is someone can share their first hand experience.

Thank you.

• Currently in JNU.

Pros: library is brilliant (Tough to get a seat but it'll keep you motivated). Lots of other aspirants so the mahaul is good. If you're from out of Delhi, a hostel seat should be available.

Cons: right now the campus is being attacked by the Vice Chancellor, who is attempting to change rules eg trying to force mandatory attendance, etc, to try to drive aspirants and others out. It's not that easy to balance coursework and studying for civils. IR, economics, sociology, history are all fairly intensive courses. You'll need about 10-20 hours of study (including class hours) for these classes, to do it justice. And there isn't so much overlap between MA coursework and UPSC syllabus, so that's not so helpful, except slightly in IR/Socio.

So decide accordingly.

• @Xiodyn8261 hmm.. thank you very much for your inputs. It has brought some clarity in my thought process.

It would be really helpful if you can clear some more queries :

..What do you mean by saying that it.s difficult to get a seat..insufficient capacity ? ..or like you have to go early or what ?

..do delhiites get hostel allotment? They must be last in the priority order but do they get it?

Thanks once again.

• Happy to help.

There are more students than seats in the library basically. There are multiple libraries/reading rooms in JNU - each hostel has a small one, most centres have a small one, the special libraries all have them, and then the main library has several. They all have different timings, and not all of them are air-conditioned. As a result, there is a high demand for good seats (in the AC rooms, where you can bring your bag inside, where there is access to a plug point etc). This demand grows significantly close to the end-sem exams, and close to prelims (less so during mains). So, in the lead-up to major exams, you have to come to the library before 9:30-10 to get a good seat, though in the off-season period coming before lunch time is sufficient.

Hostels are allotted based on the accumulation of points, and classificaiton into 3 categories (P1, P2, P3). Students who are P1 or have the most points, are given priority allotment (if there are more students in P1 than rooms available, then it is allotted based on rank in the entrance exam). JNU Dean of Students website has the explanation of how points are allotted.

Students with a Delhi-based address are automatically P3. Now, because of seat-cuts, there are more vacancies and Delhi students can expect a room within the first year itself. But there are some restrictions - like they have to vacate the rooms during summer/winter vacations.

• @Xiodyn8261 Thanks a ton yr. You have been Godsent. ๐Ÿ™‚

Your inputs have been really helpful. Thank you so much.