ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.

COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from June 20th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more

Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here

Increase in Age & Attempt for EWS category.

Topic created · 5 Posts · 589 Views
  • We should work around to get age & attempt relaxation for EWS category.

• 10% reservation w/o increase in age and attempt is of not much relevance.

As in most exams EWS cutoff = General Cutoff.

Like in case of UPPSC 2018 Prelims OBC Cutoff = General Cutoff.

• uppsc.jpg

• @parantap-jayi228 People here may not understand the concept of reservations. Simply put until last year we had 50% unreserved seats now due to EWS quota it is 40% only. However the catch is that UR seats are filled at the last once each and every category gets filled. Also if any reserved category person be it SC/ST/OBC/EWS scores higher than GEN cat then he takes 1 available seat of GEN for eg. if there are 350*12=4200(approx 40% of 866 since 896-30) then for each such iteration this 4200 goes to 4199 and so on and so forth. Also EWS people like I said were hitherto UR cat only and a majority of the serious ones will definitely get higher than GEN cutoff and significantly eat into the UR pie thus making UR cutoff skyrocket. IF one is not aware of this u can look at similar exams that were based on this new quota like JEE mains(disclaimer for central educational institutions there was a 25% increase mandated by govt in this budget however the same hasn't been done for jobs/recruitment) yet there a huge rise in GEN cutoff and a big gap vis a vis EWS. From this year onwards all hell will fall upon the unreserved category and like the concept of reservation works it is now with this dangerous 10% quota to hitherto capable people that the unreserved seats will truly "tend" towards 0 as defined and now your GEN pie will get smaller and smaller with each passing year. ATB.

• @cat said in Increase in Age & Attempt for EWS category.:

@parantap-jayi228 People here may not understand the concept of reservations. Simply put until last year we had 50% unreserved seats now due to EWS quota it is 40% only. However the catch is that UR seats are filled at the last once each and every category gets filled. Also if any reserved category person be it SC/ST/OBC/EWS scores higher than GEN cat then he takes 1 available seat of GEN for eg. if there are 350*12=4200(approx 40% of 866 since 896-30) then for each such iteration this 4200 goes to 4199 and so on and so forth. Also EWS people like I said were hitherto UR cat only and a majority of the serious ones will definitely get higher than GEN cutoff and significantly eat into the UR pie thus making UR cutoff skyrocket. IF one is not aware of this u can look at similar exams that were based on this new quota like JEE mains(disclaimer for central educational institutions there was a 25% increase mandated by govt in this budget however the same hasn't been done for jobs/recruitment) yet there a huge rise in GEN cutoff and a big gap vis a vis EWS. From this year onwards all hell will fall upon the unreserved category and like the concept of reservation works it is now with this dangerous 10% quota to hitherto capable people that the unreserved seats will truly "tend" towards 0 as defined and now your GEN pie will get smaller and smaller with each passing year. ATB.

Recently I have read in newspaper abt that from now the reserved Candidate cannot get the gen seat
    Suppose a reserved person score higher thn general marks thn he/she cannot comes under genral category

I know this thing is not fair...but i read in the newspaper may be its fake