Mains 2019 Preparation and Discussion Thread
@Caesar For Economy you can use models like- C, I, G, Im, Ex; 1st and 2nd generation reforms, Land, labour, capital, enterprise; & 10 EODB parameters to extract 5-10 points for each sector, industry, etc.
Agri is Swaminathan recommendations
Security, Disaster, Environment only current
Science is unpredictable, but do IR 4.0, nano, biotech, space
@Caesar GS4 paper quality was low. For rest papers were above normal A4 sheet quality and quite smooth
By the way, I'm able to complete GS4 paper on time. But essay is taking 3.25 hours. Any suggestions to improve?
@Vika i go for 5min Topic selection, 10min blueprint and 75 mins for each essay and I never go beyond 10 pages(1000) words, so that saves the time.
@Vika placing my bet on mains365 for most of the topics, that's a mountain in itself.
@Vika Almost everything you mentioned is available in a single document ie NITI’s strategy for India @75!
Found it really helpful for paper 3 and parts of paper 2
Can someone please post important topics for dynamic portion of psir for mains 2019 as I have not attended any class and I live far from preparation hotspots
@mishra7597shivani373 Indo-Pacific region
Afghan Peace Process
India-EU & Brexit
WTO, UNSC Reforms
@ManchesterUnited Have that doc for the past 6 months, it's criminal I could never read it.
Any model essay of any institute for
5 trillion economy
India as space power
@Akkku Would be elated if essays would come on such topics!
Friends taking risk by not reading 365...
Following current affairs topics are what I found necessary for the mains and I prepared on them only....Please Review
GENERAL STUDIES 1
- Recent trends in dalit movements
- Women in science and technology (eg ISRO )
- Relevance of Nehru in present times
- Gandhi and tagore similarities and difference
- Polar vertex
- How treaty of versailes responsible for ww2? 100 years of treaty of versailes
7.colonialism in china and hong kong issues
- How madden julian oscillation impact indian monsoon
- Why most of cyclones occure between october to december on indian coast
- automobile industries location distribution in India
will update more.
@Behemoth maybe one topic of population projections(E.S. & UN report) & increased urbanisation
@Caesar YES Yes ...population reports and even eco survey chapter on population.
365 is so mainstreamed now, but I have skipped it. What do you think?
- Urban congestion issues
- Mob lynching
- Southern annular mode
- india rcep
- saarc n bimstec
- india south korea
- new cold war (usa china) and inf treaty supension between usa and russia
- some key words - taiwan- new southbound policy, korea- new southern policy , indonesia- global maritime falcrum, india -sagar and act east policy, japan -open indo pacific strategy ...connect them.
- rti act (Information is power in todays world. so information sharing is actually power sharing.Thats how it empowers people.If information not shared with public, it will not only hamper political empowerment of commoners and accountability but also create political elitism.)
- lokpal and ombudsman in india
- cbi and cvc
- parliamentary vs presidential
- sedition debate
12.need for judicial restraint, judicial activism/overreach/adventurism
ex- ARUN gopal vs union of ind case- firecracker judgement
mc mehta vs uoi casebs 4 vehicle
subhash kashinath mahajan case- sc st act
k balu vs tamilnadu case -liquor ship on highways case etc
13.anti defection and free speech
- role of opposition
15 evaluation of parliamentary control on executive
- election commission issues
- role of primary health care (kerala role model)
- ipc 377
- education reforms
- bills passage in parliament without much consulation and debate
- why poverty still persists ( one of the reason is social mobility is very low in agricultual economy)
- sdg target and its evaluation etc.
@Behemoth Even if you skip Mains 365 the topics have remained same to about 95pc!
You might have read from a different source but same topics as in mains 365.
@ManchesterUnited Is there any thread for hot topics for GS and essay ??
Can we use black gel pen ?
I am having an issue in differentiating structure with keywords. I end up writing pros and cons format for discuss, analyse, critically analyse, comment, examine.
The only change I make is depending on tone of question and words like critically, change the balance of pros and cons.
P.S: I have referred the vision document already
@titanium17 As per my experience whatever the keyword is they do expect us to write pros,cons,way forward!
But it gets tricky when it comes to discuss!
In forum tests they have been regularly asking me to discuss am clueless about how to discuss!
@Vika I have listed 170-180 topics from questions might appear
So I am preparing model answers to them in concised way paperwise so that it would be easy to look at it the day before exams!
Plus revising my own mains test series copies and paying attention to the comments they comeup with!
Do share if you have any more productive ideas
Do u mind sharing your list , I have been following up on Vajiram's list and another hot topics list but I m still feeling heavily incomplete
Maybe a look at fellow aspirants list could ease some pressure