ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.

COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from June 20th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more

Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here

How to improve marks in essay?

Topic created · 2 Posts · 264 Views
  • Long time lurker, first time poster.

The title says it all. I wrote mains last year and my essay marks really pulled me down. I had the stupid assumption that I’d be good with essay. But I think what upsc wants in an essay is much different, after analysing Topper’s copies. What are the things it’s looking for so that we can make some sort of a mental checklist once we are in the spot?

People with experience, please contribute.
    @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh, @IWRA @Neyawn

• same here. I have written 3 mains with different levels of preparation for essay. In 1st mains I wrote my first essay directly in the exam, in 2nd mains I joined Vikas Ranjan's Essay Test Series, and in 3rd I even included stories, quotes, etc. But in all 3 my marks have been around 112-118. That's it. Frankly, I don't know what UPSC wants because in mocks I usually get higher than those who eventually end up scoring 125+ in essays