Current Affairs Revision Classes + Answer Writing For Mains 2019 
the one class you can bank upon to ace Mains 2019
Don't just believe what we say, your first class is on us. Attend by registering HERE
STARTS 24th June | 5 PM

COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from June 20th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more

Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here

What is the RBI Forex Swap ? What steps does it involve?

Topic created · 5 Posts · 273 Views
  • In the recent step to infuse liquidity RBI has decided to introduce a 5 bn USD Forex Swap..
    What exactly does this step entails? what are the nitti gritties and technicalities of this central bank's instrument?
    A detailed discussion on this will be helpful for everyone !

• @Tao
    Are you asking for meaning of these key terms and thus a general explanation or you already know these details and intend to have further discussion on probably repercussions it might carry 🧐

• @Tao
    General beniftis

1. Internalization of rupee
    2. better purchasing power parity contributing to better standard of life
    3. Current account deficit reduction

P.s i may be wrong but this is just my view point

• @Tao

If only I knew how to upload photo here 😏.This would have been easy to explain in diagrammatic form

Anyways here it’s the simple logic of demand and supply that applies ( in crude language)

1. RBI intend to buy dollars from domestic banks for 3 year period in return of supplying them with Indian rupee
      2 so increased money supply and decreased dollar supply
      @ prevent appreciation of rupee
      @ reduction in interest rates ( rates at which banks would offer to lend money )
      @ potential benefits : push to exports and investment activities
      @ temporary increases in rbi forex
      @ potential threats : outflow of capital ( due to reduction in rate of interest)

PS : it’s a preventive step as rbi anticipated probability of rupee appreciation due to upcoming dollars injection ( some Indian co. being bought by foreign co.)
    2 . Banks having limited liquidity in this financial year so move will provide them with enough liquidity also .