Application for CGP Foundation 2021 : Registration Open
ForumIAS Academy commences with Complete Guidance Program - 2021   |   Click here to register

Some Specifics Of GS MAINS PAPER 1

Topic created · 3 Posts · 325 Views
  • Guys ,

I wish to know about your plans for GS 1 prep .

I have referred to these sources :

1. Art & Culture : Read twice for pre . On which parts I have to concentrate for Mains given that this is very bulky and goes into specific details about dances etc , which now-a-days I find are not much asked .

2 . Geography : GC for physical and Vajiram yellow book for Indian . So , for mains , how to revise them . Puri tu na ho sakti I think . Probable areas to focus upon .

3 . World History : Did Vision document . I dont think It could be revised much again ? What to do with it ? Return seems very less .

If I clear pre , I should go about this paper ( given I have not revised anything of above again )

Also , if I dont clear pre this time should I make notes of above scources !

In history too , answers in points work ?

Please Elaborate Seniors !

• @Akkku
    Art and Culture is a never ending game. Look at standard books (XI Ncert, Nitin SInghania Notes) both can be completed in about 2 days. For Mains, you may look at Baliyan Sir's class notes, my personal experience from last 2 mains, the questions could be answered from his notes.

Geography they dont ask much, but will definitely ask a term which 80% people wont know. looking at any dictionary of geographical terms might help.

World History if they ask, at max 1 question and wont go beyond vision. more chances are that question will come from colonization and decolonization section (looking at previous trend). Vision chapters should suffice.

Even if you dont clear pre, there is no point in making notes of these parts, just expand your sources a bit and make sure you do 2 revisions before you start pre preparation next year,
    All the Best!

• @vermanikhil199027018 So , geography nothing much to be revised ? Natural resources and industries or may be things in news ...