INTERVIEW FOR CSE 2019
All ForumIAS members selected for CSE 2019 Personality Test must submit their details and DAF and register below to receive further instructions and guidance from ForumIAS. Click here to register now
INTERVIEW 2020 CHANNEL
ForumIAS Channel for Interview Preparation is now Active! Please join the channel by clicking here

Please share your marks from the mock-tests you are using.

Topic created ยท 87 Posts ยท 8306 Views
  • Gave Insights Mock Test 42 (Prelims Comprehensive Revision Test 4) today, it was totally surprising, scored only 87.33!!

• @MrNobody Hey, If you have soft copy ,can you please share?

• @Urvashi Not even started....

• @Urvashi Can anyone help me in how to use this forumias discuss platform? I could only ask my doubts only by pressing the 'Reply' of anyone's answer till now. How could I ask my question using this platform? Please friends, someone help!! and sorry Urvasi mam to use your segment as my doubt-clearing area...

• @Dead-Man said in Please share your marks from the mock-tests you are using.:

@Urvashi I am getting same marks like you in the range of 60-80. Too much negatives dragging my score down. Can anyone tell how to reduce negatives ?

I think I am capable to offer you the solution for this. For establishing credentials, i would like to tell you that my wrong questions has never crossed the mark of 10. So I'm pretty much sure that, I'm capable enough to tell you the answer for this question.

Look, you need to understand some things.

1. Examiner will never set a paper in which a person can score full.marks. that could be a attack on his ego. So accept that you can't get all correct.
    2. You don't need to get all correct.
    3. All you need is 120 marks (in case you are a car aspirant)..
    4. In exam like upsc, where negative marking is there, you will be getting paid for identifying right answer ans wrong answer as well. Identifying wrong answers will save your score from going to negative. (So it's like indirect subsidy in your bank account) (i know it's a lame joke๐Ÿ˜œ)

Now according to statistics, there are 4 possibilities and 3 probabilities.
    1.A. You know the answer. That's good. Probability 100%
    1.B. You know that you don't know the answer. That's equally good. Don't touch that shit. Cross that questions mercilessly. Again 100% probability.
    2. You have arrived at 2 option by selection/elimination combination. Here you will be having a probability of 50/50.
    3. You have 3 options open out of 4. Here probability is 1/3.
    4. You don't know anything. But that's in option 1.B. so read that again.

Now while answering tha paper, use some signs. Like I use to tick on right questions, cross the unknown questions, make triangle on 50% probability questions and circle the 1/3rd probability questions. After reading the whole paper for first time, i used to mark all questions accordingly and then fill the only 1st priority questions in the omr. This way I use to ensure that I only pick oip such questions on which I'm 100% sure. This hardly takes 1 hour. I use to have auch questions somewhere around 55 to 60. Now in 2nd round, i used to read only triangled questions. This cam save a lot of time. After spending enough time on such question I used to pick up only those questions where I am.having some knowledge or instinct. This way, in my 2nd round, i use to pick up only handful of 10 to 15 questions. Now my total attempted question rises to 70 to 75. Now in my third round, i use to read only circled questions. I never took major risk on those and I always attempted 2 or 3 questions from that. Now my attempt tally goes to around 78. Now thats it.

In this exam, you have to take risk on your questions. The motive behind this statistical exercise is just to ensure that we are taking the risk on least risky questions. I hope you are understanding this.

This method will ensure you the maximum marks for exam. And in my opinion, you should never attempt such questions which are not falling in your above criterion. What happens in exam is due to imaginary cut off line which we imagine by ourselves, we use to get hallucinations about even those questions which we haven't read. In that pressure we pick up all those questions and that make us to sink.

• Today I gave Vision test No. 26 ! Marks :: 58/200! Attempted 85 Q

• @Jharsuguda said in Please share your marks from the mock-tests you are using.:

@Dead-Man said in Please share your marks from the mock-tests you are using.:

@Urvashi I am getting same marks like you in the range of 60-80. Too much negatives dragging my score down. Can anyone tell how to reduce negatives ?

I think I am capable to offer you the solution for this. For establishing credentials, i would like to tell you that my wrong questions has never crossed the mark of 10. So I'm pretty much sure that, I'm capable enough to tell you the answer for this question.

Look, you need to understand some things.

1. Examiner will never set a paper in which a person can score full.marks. that could be a attack on his ego. So accept that you can't get all correct.
    2. You don't need to get all correct.
    3. All you need is 120 marks (in case you are a car aspirant)..
    4. In exam like upsc, where negative marking is there, you will be getting paid for identifying right answer ans wrong answer as well. Identifying wrong answers will save your score from going to negative. (So it's like indirect subsidy in your bank account) (i know it's a lame joke๐Ÿ˜œ)

Now according to statistics, there are 4 possibilities and 3 probabilities.
    1.A. You know the answer. That's good. Probability 100%
    1.B. You know that you don't know the answer. That's equally good. Don't touch that shit. Cross that questions mercilessly. Again 100% probability.
    2. You have arrived at 2 option by selection/elimination combination. Here you will be having a probability of 50/50.
    3. You have 3 options open out of 4. Here probability is 1/3.
    4. You don't know anything. But that's in option 1.B. so read that again.

Now while answering tha paper, use some signs. Like I use to tick on right questions, cross the unknown questions, make triangle on 50% probability questions and circle the 1/3rd probability questions. After reading the whole paper for first time, i used to mark all questions accordingly and then fill the only 1st priority questions in the omr. This way I use to ensure that I only pick oip such questions on which I'm 100% sure. This hardly takes 1 hour. I use to have auch questions somewhere around 55 to 60. Now in 2nd round, i used to read only triangled questions. This cam save a lot of time. After spending enough time on such question I used to pick up only those questions where I am.having some knowledge or instinct. This way, in my 2nd round, i use to pick up only handful of 10 to 15 questions. Now my total attempted question rises to 70 to 75. Now in my third round, i use to read only circled questions. I never took major risk on those and I always attempted 2 or 3 questions from that. Now my attempt tally goes to around 78. Now thats it.

In this exam, you have to take risk on your questions. The motive behind this statistical exercise is just to ensure that we are taking the risk on least risky questions. I hope you are understanding this.

This method will ensure you the maximum marks for exam. And in my opinion, you should never attempt such questions which are not falling in your above criterion. What happens in exam is due to imaginary cut off line which we imagine by ourselves, we use to get hallucinations about even those questions which we haven't read. In that pressure we pick up all those questions and that make us to sink.

This is why i love forum.
    Some real good advise out there.
    Have seen my scores increasing in the forum stimulator mocks just be following a similar attempting strategy.

• @MrJerry I do have but I can't share it on the public platform with my email id and mobile number as watermark on the pdf ๐Ÿ™‚

• @Jharsuguda Thanks

• attempted simulator test 1 scored 108

• Vision test 32 (2682)
    97.92 attempt 81 Q

• A general understanding of mine from last two prelims -

1. Polity and modern history - make 95-100% correct.
    2. Current affair - more focus on sc&tech and environment.
    3. Attempt 90+
    4. Guess - first guess is almost correct than the second guess.
    5. Solve 5000+ question

Able to get
    2017- 114.66
    2018- 104

Sadly couldnot qualify mains in both attempts.

• Gave vision test 24
    Attempted-90
    Marks-123.48

• @princessconsuela488 said in Please share your marks from the mock-tests you are using.:

Gave vision test 24
    Attempted-90
    Marks-123.48
    gr8 score

• @shoegazer Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

• @MrJerry I get 106 in Forum Stimulator Test 1 (81 attempted).anyone pls tell me average marks in Stimulator 1

• Today I gave Vision test No. 33! Marks :: 70/200! Attempted 79 Q

• Vision Test 35 FLT
    purpose - to check speed (of 1st iteration)
    43 questions attempted in 30 minutes, 31 correct, accuracy 72%

• Vision 33.
    Attempted 87. Got 25 wrong.
    Found it to be a really good test.
    How about you all ?