ForumIAS Mains Open Test : Simulator X
ForumIAS will be conducting an All India Simulator ( Mains ) 2019 across 10+ cities. Visit http://go.forumias.com/sim for details and registration.
Registration for delhi is now open Click Here

Your take on Insight's new IPM-2020 program?

Topic created ยท 29 Posts ยท 1560 Views
  • I am thinking to go for it..
    But I really wanted to have words with people about it before investing..
    What's your take..

Here is link : https://www.insightsonindia.com/2019/07/20/insightsias-integrated-year-long-prelims-cum-mains-test-series-ipm-2020/

• @Urvashi Insights in my opinion have a really good way of knowing what the aspirant wants and tailoring programs according to it. In my opinion this program is a really good initiative. However there are serious issues with it too

1. Optional: these guys say they will give you time but I dont think you will have time with such a huge load of tests
    2. Test evaluation quality: it's in serious doubt. There are many who regularly complain about this on the site and their comment gets deleted lol
    3. Prelims test: I have no idea what these people are aiming for with their prelims test series. It's just test after test of weird questions and added to that the multiplicity of prelims quizzes and revisions they run... it just looks like an initiative just to increase hit rate. And the questions they ask are pretty weird too. I remember last year one girl rage quitting on prelims test series after they asked the name of NEWTON movie director ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    4. Dont trust their propaganda. It's always an upload and screenshot of email attributing everything to insights and insights alone

Coming to positives

1. Mains + prelims prep. That's the best way forward
    2. Pretty good competition. So you'll have some idea about where you stand
    3. At least they dont usually cancel tests and all. So you will most likely get to write all your tests
    4. Their content ( although personally never tried other than CA ) is ok it seems.
    5. Test evaluation criticism exists everywhere. So no matter where you join there will be a section of people not satisfied. So one will never know what the actual situation is.

Give it a try if you are finished or ready with optional on time I would say. Just dont go by the fanboys they have on their site. All the "thank you insights" just bugs me ๐Ÿ˜‚

• @Urvashi These features are to lure people it sounds fishy especially when they said analysing of guessing skills hahaha...Ultimate propaganda... ๐Ÿ˜„

• @forappsbyotch699 Thank you so much for such detailed analysis.. This was great insight about insight..
    It costs 39K, and its huge amt for me at least.. so investing hastily first and regretting thereafter is not option available to me right now!

• @Urvashi said in Your take on Insight's new IPM-2020 program?:

It costs 39K, and its huge amt for me at least.. so investing hastily first and regretting thereafter is not option available to me right now!

plz have a look at IGP programme by iasmocks
    http://iasmocks.com/
    i am recommending this because it helped me in my prelims prep
    its an initiative by a senior aspirant, not any coaching institute
    and highly affordable

• All the "thank you insights" just bugs me : HAHAHHAH! Me too. ๐Ÿ˜„

• @forappsbyotch699 All the "thank you insights" just bugs me : HAHAHHAH! Me too. ๐Ÿ˜„

• @Akbar_Birbal Thank you for letting me know this.. ๐Ÿ™‚

• @forappsbyotch699 I had taken insightsias mains test series last year. The evaluation took ages. I was not the only one facing this issue. We had to drop multiple mails, tag them on the platform, call them and only then received evaluated answers.

However, I have used their prelims test series and found it decent.

• @Urvashi Since @Akbar_Birbal has mentioned it, I also want to say that Though I couldn't clear prelims myself, I would have never prepared well without IASmocks. It came as a boon. You may give it a try for prelims preparation. However, in my opinion, this is not the right time to focus on prelims mocks. We must ruthlessly pursue Mains till December at least !

• @GaneshGaitonde bhai, aap wohi ho kya? mains 2k19 group wale?

• I am looking for some platform/ websites that offers daily answer evaluation of 1/2 questions [like IasBaba's TLP]. Paid bhi chalega.
    Can anybody suggest something ?

• Thanks @Urvashi for creating this thread ! Even Its my query!
    Thank you all for sharing info about the test series.Even I think 39k isn't worth for any online no mentor no video feed back course.

• Thanks @Urvashi for putting up this thread. Even I am confused,I have their prelims package and now I am stuck between Forums IAS MGP and Insights IGP. I think Forum IAS is better, but insights have a really integrated plan of prelims and mains. Anyone else who can comment ?

• @Shashank_yadav Can You explain please how either of this programme is going to help?

• @Freakhoto Hi......MGP of ForumIAS is a really good platform as far as I have heard and the feedback is really good. There are sectional tests for each paper and then there are full tests as well. By January we will be in a better position to write decent answers.
    However, Insights IGP is different. They have divided the syllabus topicwise and paper wise, and there is a prelim test and a mains test for the same syllabus, so while reading a particular topic we will come to know what is required for prelims and what is required for mains, it will be easy to differentiate our mistakes. This is what I think
    However I have my doubts regarding the quality of answer review facility insights has.

• @Shashank_yadav said in Your take on Insight's new IPM-2020 program?:

Thanks @Urvashi for putting up this thread. Even I am confused,I have their prelims package and now I am stuck between Forums IAS MGP and Insights IGP. I think Forum IAS is better, but insights have a really integrated plan of prelims and mains. Anyone else who can comment ?

Yes I've joined insights pre tests package for 2020 (as forum didn't release test series by that time),I still regret! The time table is vague and i couldn't follow it as I'm working fulltime.
    Now I've subscribed to Forums pre tests and also MGP+ courses which seems a bit relief and I could able to attempt and follow their schedule as they are in weekends and less vague.

• @Hermione said in Your take on Insight's new IPM-2020 program?:

@Shashank_yadav said in Your take on Insight's new IPM-2020 program?:

Thanks @Urvashi for putting up this thread. Even I am confused,I have their prelims package and now I am stuck between Forums IAS MGP and Insights IGP. I think Forum IAS is better, but insights have a really integrated plan of prelims and mains. Anyone else who can comment ?

Yes I've joined insights pre tests package for 2020 (as forum didn't release test series by that time),I still regret! The time table is vague and i couldn't follow it as I'm working fulltime.
    Now I've subscribed to Forums pre tests and also MGP+ courses which seems a bit relief and I could able to attempt and follow their schedule as they are in weekends and less vague.

Insights pre tests we can manage without mentor ,but what about mains tests?
    I heard there's no mentor and they dont send our corrected copies on time.
    Forum guaranteed me mentor guidance and prompt reply.So I've chosen MGP+

• @Hermione Yeah...I trust insights with prelims preparation so I went for their test series, however, I am also having serious doubts about their IGP, so thinking of switching over to Forum, but now the problem is the schedule of both insights and forum is different and not manageable.

• This post is deleted!