Writing Mains 2019?
This weekend we will be writing Mains 2019. Here are a list of things to keep in mind. Click here to read.
Download Factly Android App |   Click Here โ†’

Forum Oldies Attendance Thread - Mark your attendance here!

Topic created ยท 117 Posts ยท 5459 Views
  • @Acidpop said in Forum Oldies Attendance Thread - Mark your attendance here!:

@Ivan_TheTerrible ๐Ÿ™ Bas. Cycle mein ghus gaye wapas. Do saal ghar se diya is baar ORN se try karta hu.

Hello @Acidpop Are you / people very angry? ๐Ÿ˜ž

• @Ant_Man This was unexpected. ๐Ÿ˜„ I'm doing great. How about you? ๐Ÿ™‚

• @Ziel I'm good too. Just waiting for marksheet to release. It's like getting closure after a breakup lol

• Present. Naya suruwat โœŠ

• @Ant_Man I can understand. ๐Ÿ˜› Best wishes โ˜บ

• @root Oho. We read EI ๐Ÿ˜. So we're not angry but disappointed. Can't the site be up again for a while? We didn't protest this much when prelims discussions were shifted to quest. Most of the old people aren't here for pre anyway ( except bade log jaise taau, who's efforts to help people I appreciate). I'll be there at the offline centre today, we could talk if you want.

• @AryaStark19 it's ok. They will if you want them to

@root Oho. We read EI ๐Ÿ˜. So we're not angry but disappointed. Can't the site be up again for a while? We didn't protest this much when prelims discussions were shifted to quest. Most of the old people aren't here for pre anyway ( except bade log jaise taau, who's efforts to help people I appreciate). I'll be there at the offline centre today, we could talk if you want.

We have โ€œuppedโ€ the website and removed read only for now. Sharing of the email address ravi@forumias.com was a good idea. Got lot of hate mails so now we know.

Secondly, we had an angry intern whom we saw using the discuss website and she hid it when she saw us using it.

We asked - you use ForumIAS ? She said only for room rent and buy and sell. I was about to buy an AC for 6000. The guy stayed nearby in Karol Bagh, but then site went offline. And he sold it someone else.

Then a little angrily she was like these idiots should have warned us before . Now I wonโ€™t get an AC.

We asked , them why didnโ€™t you say this to us. She said - would you make the website live again if I asked?

It was a little intriguing for us as the accommodation and buy and sell was a nuisance thread - something not allowed on forum in early days.

Anyway, we do have a rethink. Honestly we cannot moderate a forum where band are not effective because of multiple accounts. But then we are inclined to believe that we may have made mistakes.

For example, we should let people choose this platform because โ€œtheyโ€ think itโ€™s better and not because of a lack of choice.

P.S. We have had our own set of sleepless nights given some very emotional , angry and disappointment emails written to us.

More so because it is result time and anxiety levels or at all all time high.

• @root That does happen. We're anyway high strung. Sorry to hear about the intern, people screw up. And the bottom line is open communication and dialogue here which had to happen eventually, but if it had happened before noone would've gotten hurt. The results would be out this week and things would settle down. Peace.

• @root I just wish more and more senior people join this new plateform to share their knowledge with newbies. Leave other forum non moderated people will migrate sooner or later when they will realize flith there. Play a sticker on discuss platform about quest and it's unique features and ask people to move here. Ultimately all will realize utility of a better moderated forum over a non moderated one where few psycho people have spread flith in every nook and corner and distroyed it beyond Reformation.

But you can do is to give quest similar kind of look and format as there was in discuss one so that people can relate it better and don't feel nostalgic.

If good and senior people will come here, others will follow. Those who want privacy at the cost of flith and derogatory trolling can stay there. Let them have their freedom of choice.Make the other one totally non moderated and spend resources here to make quest well moderated.

@AryaStark19 it's ok. They will if you want them to

?

• @AryaStark19 Just a comment on how accepting people are abd the engagement is a choice which you can always exercise.

@AryaStark19 Just a comment on how accepting people are abd the engagement is a choice which you can always exercise.

You may not realise, but this has been a difficult time for us too.

Moving to a new platform everyoneโ€s history and identity is lost.

But then, all good things must come to an end.

• Om1135 (since 2014 )

• @DayDreamer was my old username. Used to be an admin here.

New platform is not accepting old login and the new username I have is @DayDreamer22

PRESENT.

• @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Present.On forum since 2014 with same Id

• @Federer said in Forum Oldies Attendance Thread - Mark your attendance here!:

@Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Present.On forum since 2014 with same Id

Welcome @federer bhai. How is academy going on ?

• Present. With the name kingofthedead

• @root Going perfect in the academy root Sir/Mam ๐Ÿ˜ .Conditioning us for Sir culture...hehe.This new platform looks clean and fresh.And waiting for yo yo's topper's talk....

• Xlr8 ...present here since 2013 ...exhausted Civils attempts in 2016 itself...visits the site often as it has become sort of habit to open forumias daily ... 31 yrs age married and settled ...working in Central Govt Group B services through SSC since 2015....left services like Asst Commandant, and state PCS during my heydays with a belief that I will get into IAS one day for sure ... but all in vain as nobody wins over his luck and at the end was left alone in 2016 with my old books and overused Notes (now lying dusted in a rusty corner)...kind of tired with preparation now and never studied again since 2016 ... but one thing I do is visiting forumias on daily basis ...one desire that might pushes me at this time is the difference I see in power, privilege and say given to directly recruited Group A officers in Govt. Of India ...rest services including mine is just clerical in nature. Though I will reach Group A stage by promotion in 4-5 years but the nature of work will still be clerical only and all power in reality exists only for directly recruited Group A officers....thinking to go for last IFos attempt which is a Himalayan task for me now since I left studies and out of the rat race since 2016 though kept appearing for state PCS without studies ....hope I will start for IFoS prelim soon with full momentum as I use to do during my best days. Thanks for the patience to read till last.

Any one else having similar experience please share