ForumIAS Mains Open Test : Simulator X
ForumIAS will be conducting an All India Simulator ( Mains ) 2019 across 10+ cities. Visit http://go.forumias.com/sim for details and registration.
Registration for delhi is now open Click Here

Conquer Prelims 2019 | Daily 10 PM Quiz

Topic created · 13 Posts · 656 Views
  • Hi, A very good evening to all of you.

As a part of the "Conquer Prelims 2019 initiative", I shall be posting 10 questions everyday for the next 50 days which will be related to static or current affairs portion. The questions will be posted around 10 pm everyday and the answers will be posted about an hour after the questions are posted.

Also, I humbly request the all my co-aspirants to share MCQs on this thread when they find free time.

Wishing all of us, the very best! ☺

Daily 10 PM Quiz - Conquer Prelims 2019 initiative

Day 1 Questions (April 1, 2019)

Q.1) The vijayanaraga empire adopted a policy to expand its rule towards the eastern sea coast during the reign of

a) Deva Raya I
    b) Harihara II
    c) Bukka
    d) None of the above

Q.2) Who among the following constructed the dam over the Tungabhadra river?

a) Deva raya I
    b) Harihara I
    c) Deva raya II
    d) None of the above

Q.3) Who among the following compared the city in Vijayanagara empire with Herat in Afghanistan?

a) Barbosa
    b) Nuniz
    c) Abdur Razzaq
    d) None of the above

Q.4) The terms “Afaqis” and “Gharibs” in Medieval India mainly refers to

a) Foreigners
    b) Saints
    c) Nobles in the court
    d) None of the above

Q.5) The term “Palegar” in the Vijayanagara empire referred to

a) Rich farmers
    b) Military chiefs
    c) Traders
    d) None of the above

Q.6) Consider the following:

1. Maladhar Basu compiled the Sri-Krishna-Vijaya.
    2. He was honoured with the title called as Satyaraja Khan.
      Which of the statements given above is / are correct?

a) Only 1
    b) Only 2
    c) Both 1 and 2
    d) None of the above

Q.7) Consider the following:

1. Suhungmung is considered to be one of the greatest rulers of Ahom dynasty.
    2. He changed his name to Svarga Narayana.
      Which of the statements given above is / are correct?

a) Only 1
    b) Only 2
    c) Both 1 and 2
    d) None of the above

Q.8) Consider the following:

1. He was the founder of the kingdom of Gujarat.
    2. The Jama Masjid in Ahmedabad and Tin Darwaza were built during his time.
    3. He shifted his capital from Ahmedabad to Patan.
      Which of the statements given above is / are correct Ahmad Shah I?

a) Only 1
    b) 1 and 3
    c) 1 and 2
    d) All of the above

Q.9) Consider the following:

1. He was a Portuguese explorer.
    2. He discovered India by landing at Goa.
    3. He discovered India in 1498.
      Which of the statements given above is / are correct regarding Vasco Da Gama?

a) Only 1
    b) 1 and 3
    c) 1 and 2
    d) All of the above

Q.10) Consider the following:

1. It is also called as the Battle of Talikota.
    2. It is also called as the Battle of Rakkasa-Tangadi.
    3. It was fought in 1565.
      Which of the statements given above is / are correct regarding Battle of Bannihatti?

a) 1 and 2
    b) 1 and 3
    c) 2 and 3
    d) All of the above

• Day 1 Answers: 1-b,2-a,3-c,4-a,5-b,6-a,7-c,8-c,9-b,10-d

• @pizzza good initiative tau.. ATB.. Keep sharing

• Thanks Pizza for starting this.

Few pointers

1. No Telegram , IAS mocks and any other links. Not even in signature
    2. Can we merge this thread with any other thread?
  • Thank you root.

I wasn't aware of the policies that enforce the above mentioned pointers, Please accept my humble apologies.

1. The link on telegram was for people to find all questions at once place in a revisable format, just in case this thread gets cluttered with doubts and discussion.

2. IASmocks.com was mentioned in my profile because there was an option available to display a website that belongs to the user.

Also, I firmly believe that if users are contributing things for free and are helping both the aspirants and this platform in constructive ways, the least they can get back is a little space in the signature to display their links which are either free or nominally priced/non-commercial initiatives. I also believe in a mutual co-operation and co-existence. It creates a conducive atmosphere for both ethical practices and a healthy competition which will ultimately lead to the growth and sustenance of the community as a whole.

I felt that since i've been in this community from 2015 and contributed a little till almost the end of 2018 without any such links in my signature, thought i could afford to use such a signature now because i'm trying to build a niche product for the aspirants and because i am not a full-fledged business entity and do not have the resources to market or promote it. I just connect with my fellow aspirants through my interactions and if they feel it helps them, they connect back with me.

Ultimately, it's the cumulative efforts of the users which helps the community grow and the least that the community can do is help the users grow in their personal lives. Symbiotic co-existence like i said. 🙂 [ Yes, i do agree that no one should come and spam commercial initiatives from day one. But if someone has spent a few years with a little bit of positive contribution and if she/he posts a signature with a free/non-commercial(not solely focused on profit) initiatives, i believe that it can be allowed. It motivates the user to do more for this platform, aspirants and also for himself/herself. ]

I did not know that there was already a target 10,000 prelims thread running on this platform, so i guess another initiative from my side may not serve in the best interests of this platform. You may kindly close this thread. I'll just stick to discuss (if i have your kind permission) and telegram.

The above statements are entirely my personal opinions and I understand that it may not be in consonance with the policies formulated by the forum and i respect your point of view.

Wish you a great day ahead!

• @pizzza said in Conquer Prelims 2019 | Daily 10 PM Quiz:

Thank you root.

I wasn't aware of the policies that enforce the above mentioned pointers, Please accept my humble apologies.

1. The link on telegram was for people to find all questions at once place in a revisable format, just in case this thread gets cluttered with doubts and discussion.

2. IASmocks.com was mentioned in my profile because there was an option available to display a website that belongs to the user.

Also, I firmly believe that if users are contributing things for free and are helping both the aspirants and this platform in constructive ways, the least they can get back is a little space in the signature to display their links which are either free or nominally priced/non-commercial initiatives. I also believe in a mutual co-operation and co-existence. It creates a conducive atmosphere for both ethical practices and a healthy competition which will ultimately lead to the growth and sustenance of the community as a whole.

I felt that since i've been in this community from 2015 and contributed a little till almost the end of 2018 without any such links in my signature, thought i could afford to use such a signature now because i'm trying to build a niche product for the aspirants and because i am not a full-fledged business entity and do not have the resources to market or promote it. I just connect with my fellow aspirants through my interactions and if they feel it helps them, they connect back with me.

Ultimately, it's the cumulative efforts of the users which helps the community grow and the least that the community can do is help the users grow in their personal lives. Symbiotic co-existence like i said. 🙂 [ Yes, i do agree that no one should come and spam commercial initiatives from day one. But if someone has spent a few years with a little bit of positive contribution and if she/he posts a signature with a free/non-commercial(not solely focused on profit) initiatives, i believe that it can be allowed. It motivates the user to do more for this platform, aspirants and also for himself/herself. ]

I did not know that there was already a target 10,000 prelims thread running on this platform, so i guess another initiative from my side may not serve in the best interests of this platform. You may kindly close this thread. I'll just stick to discuss (if i have your kind permission) and telegram.

The above statements are entirely my personal opinions and I understand that it may not be in consonance with the policies formulated by the forum and i respect your point of view.

Wish you a great day ahead!

Thank you. The Target 10,000 thread was created by a member and it was made the official thread so that we have everything in one place.

Also, we completely understand your case about having a small link somewhere, and we are working on a way where this should be allowed. But since we are beginning afresh, we would not like it as of now.

While we know you personally given your ling history with us, we cannot be assured of the same from others. We have reasons to believe that it may lead to a lot of people doing the same. Posting Telegram Links etc and going back to the same place where we began.

Also, by doing away with external links , we ensure that why the people are participating in the first place is addressed.

• @pizzza
    Dear ma/am sir
    A simple request from my side
    Please be very cautious while providing the answers as there is no explanation involved here so a tiny error on your part can make us memorise factually wrong information. 😬

• @pizzza
    1.a. 2 na. 3. Na. 4 b. 5. a. 6 na. 7 na. 8 na. 9 d. 10 c

Wrong 5
    Na 5
    Correct 0
    😕

• Just one honest question @root , @Neyawn - why should users contribute to the growth of forum when forum does not want the growth of its users.

Why individual development and group development cannot go hand in hand. John Nash game theory fails at Quest.

Whats wrong if someone is posting/providing quality content in returns gets a few click on his site.

Too many unnecessary laws/ regulations will destroy creativity. It ll be really sad if forum is trying hard to fall like this ( I know harsh words here).

Reciprocity requires people to be invested in their relationship. If a relationship is important enough to them, partners will be emotionally invested in it enough to work at building and maintaining it. Commitment is sustained through the improvement of reward-cost balance in relationships.

No reciprocity- No growth.

I hope forum realises this and start making it forum more rational based on general international laws on liberty and freedom. If not then I guess forum has already moved from a "free flow of ideas" portal to a corporate entity.

• @Satyendraa-21220 said in Conquer Prelims 2019 | Daily 10 PM Quiz:

Just one honest question @root , @Neyawn - why should users contribute to the growth of forum when forum does not want the growth of its users.

Why individual development and group development cannot go hand in hand. John Nash game theory fails at Quest.

Whats wrong if someone is posting/providing quality content in returns gets a few click on his site.

Too many unnecessary laws/ regulations will destroy creativity. It ll be really sad if forum is trying hard to fall like this ( I know harsh words here).

Reciprocity requires people to be invested in their relationship. If a relationship is important enough to them, partners will be emotionally invested in it enough to work at building and maintaining it. Commitment is sustained through the improvement of reward-cost balance in relationships.

No reciprocity- No growth.

I hope forum realises this and start making it forum more rational based on general international laws on liberty and freedom. If not then I guess forum has already moved from a "free flow of ideas" portal to a corporate entity.

Thank you for raising these questions. While there cannot be any doubt on the authenticity and intentions of user @pizza the problem lies in having a coherent set of rules.

If we allow pizza, then we have to allow everyone and anyone to leave telegram links, their website links. When we built the forum, those were the days of people creating blogs every other day and posting links to it. We used to delete them, and so it discouraged people who would be on the forum for wanting to post links.

Once you disregard this, you pave in a way for everyone to come in . It is very important that

1. The development that a user needs to have on forum

2. The reason why people come on forum

3. The ideal development that a user needs is to have his queries answered, doubts cleared - not his website visited and product sold. For that we have advertising options - which has been available for a few years now. And our goal was to make it Ad free as early as possible.

4. Why people visit the forum is again important or you end up ruining the platform. If we allow anyone with commercial interests - big or small then we have to allow everyone. We are not closed to this idea too. We can have commercial entities represented on the forum too, but that has to be on their wall, not on the discussions and threads.

We will relax some of these norms once we are able to create a good culture here like we did before. Until then, people will have to wait.

Please note that choosing between more people with crap vs less people with meaningful discussions, we will choose less people with meaningful discussions. We would always prefer being a small community that is relevant to the preparation, than a large community which is no longer relevant.

Always.

• @pizzza it is good initiative, forum plz don't interrupt,, I really liked the quality of questions being asked....

• I am trying to work this out with pizzza , hopefully it does get resolved