Prelims Preparatory Classes 2020 | 12th Dec | 8:30AM
ForumIAS Academy commences with Prelims Preparatory Classes 2020 from 12th December at 8:30AM. Attend the first two classes free on 12th and 13th December at 8:30AM. Click here to know more and register

DIPIN SIR current affairs classes

Topic created ยท 22 Posts ยท 1438 Views
  • Anyone who attended current affairs classes, can give a opinion that these classes suffice for prelims and mains or anyway we have to do PT365 and Mains365?

• Vision is unavoidable simply because everyone else is doing it. You may skim over it but not skip it.
    PS: IMHO ๐Ÿ˜…

• @Asli_hai_sab current affairs class are highly overarted if u follow ine newspaper u wud have understanding of content supplement with visionias and the omnipresent material and dats it..now a days u have the channels the print nd all which simplifies complex issues like cut d clutter..i think in gs one shud resolve to worh hard rather than join current affair classes...a balanced opinion can be made by jst pros and cons of an issue so i dnt think we shud fall in trap

• @Makrantmallah Cut the clutter is a good show, but it's a tea time show, not much relevance in terms of CSE, we require content that can be internalised and replicated. Also if a student can give opinion that would be more reliable and valid.

• @John_Titor said in DIPIN SIR current affairs classes:

Vision is unavoidable simply because everyone else is doing it. You may skim over it but not skip it.
    PS: IMHO ๐Ÿ˜…

+1

Allow me to give you an honest advice. Some people here will tell you to join classes, some will say it is "trap" some will say do on your own.

Having appeared for two mains and two interviews, and have attended Dipin Sir's classes, I can give you a real feedback, instead of generic advice who have never written mains, or not done classes

Firts is that is john has said, vision is a must because everyone stuies from it. so if a question comes from there, everyone will answer it, so it is a necessary evil, even if you do dipin sir classes.

Utility of dipin sir is very high in mains in my opinion, because he simplifies issues for you .we have to study some issues, whether questions coe from there or not. dipin sir helps in this regard by giving bpoth good explanation as well as "extra" pointers needed to score well.

For prelims however, it may not be as useful. And with the way vision is being targetted by upsc, it is likely that there is littl;e utility of vision also.

still you should do it because everyone is doing it ( at least for prelims ) and dipin sir will reducer time taken for revision of current affairs that is all.

regarding dowing all that sir does in class on your own, you can also do it but it wil take 4-5 hours daily, so thise not writing mains can have that time, but people who have tow riote mains dibt have that much time, so best is to go for classes, and make notes. i have enrolled for online classes last year and it was helpful.

• @TwoFace266 Do you mean Vision Monthly or 365?
    And for Pre; do you suggest anything extra apart from PT365 and Dipin Sir (although that itself is huge)?

• @TwoFace266 It's a myth that vision utility is going down. I can give you empirical evidence that vision has best strike ratio. Numerically, you can solve 80% of CA questions with it.

• @Asli_hai_sab are you giving evidence for pre or mains?

• @Raillife Pre majorly, but comparitively it's good for mains also.

• @upscag164 said in DIPIN SIR current affairs classes:

@TwoFace266 Do you mean Vision Monthly or 365?
    And for Pre; do you suggest anything extra apart from PT365 and Dipin Sir (although that itself is huge)?

bhai, itna hi nahi ho payega.. dipin himself teaches a lot.. and over that vision is too much.. do that.. doing from more source doesnt mean u will do questions.. and wtheather forum cy=urrent or vision 365.. both will be effective only if paper is current oriented.. do dont think of any guaranttee.. thats what i am trying to tell..

• @Asli_hai_sab said in DIPIN SIR current affairs classes:

@TwoFace266 It's a myth that vision utility is going down. I can give you empirical evidence that vision has best strike ratio. Numerically, you can solve 80% of CA questions with it.

not denying that bro.. but what i am saying is both dipin and vision will only work when upsc sets a particular type of paper...u have to do both static and current.. people try to only do current..

some people do vision back to bacjk, but that is also not useful.. vision is having information overload.. it can bereduced to at least 1/2 if you start elimiating.

thpse who dont know what to read and what to eliminate, for them classes is more suitable.. for those who know what and how to elimiate... classes may not be that much help.. except saving some time..

• @TwoFace266 How many classes/ hours does he take in the post prelims batch ?

• @Asli_hai_sab

Bhai but itna easy nhi hai sara vision padna hai yaad rakhna....also i felt vision irrelevant bahut likhta hai
    To much lengthy words and tough sentence...i l try my level best to convert in simple language but failed many time

Any easy way to read vision monthly magazine ?
    Same question for v365 mains
    @TwoFace266

Wt i am currently doing is reading every issue and underlines/remember only 8-9 points of that baaki sab cut kr deta hoon

Intro

4-5 pros

4-5 cons

Conclusion, thats it

• @Raillife That's my boy, this is the reason why people spend 25k on dipin sir classes because he is pro in the thing you just told.

• Did anyone else join the online classes that were supposed to begin from today?

• @Darvey78 they will upload the lectures after 48 hrs or within it.

• @a2r0u2i0i2t7aras on youtube ?

is 1st lecture is free ?

• Anyone has joined santosh sir classes, kindly inbox me

• Does anyone know when the online content for weekend CA classes will be uploaded?

• @Ayn 19th November afternoon